Don’t pay for government grant information
Watch out for government grant scams…
Are you looking for a government grant to help fund your business? Don’t get caught out by scams and paying for access to government grant information.
Government grant information is available free online — you don’t need to pay for it!
Protect your business from government grant scams
Here’s some key points to consider when seeking government grants:
- businesses will never be asked to pay money to access government grant information – be wary of any websites that charge fees for grant-related services
- government grants are awarded based on merit – you can’t pay money for special access or consideration to get a government grant
- it’s possible to pay a third party provider to help you with writing your grant application, however it’s important to choose a reputable service.
How can I tell if I’m using a government website?
Some websites may try to imitate government websites by using things like:
- official looking images
- government logos
- misleading web addresses e.g. www.officialgovtgrants.com.au.
To check if a website is officially affiliated with government, make sure the web address uses a ‘.gov.au’ extension in their URL.
Where can I find government grants information?
All available state, territory and federal government grant information can be accessed free through official government sources.
- Use our Grants & Assistance tool to search for grants that may be available for your business.
- Search our Advisory Services to find low-cost business advisers to discuss your circumstances and seek advice when applying for a government grant.
Original article appeared first at Business.gov.au >[wpseo_map width=”100%” height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”0″ draggable=”1″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”1″ show_url=”0″] [wpseo_address hide_address=”1″ show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_phone=”1″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”0″ show_email=”1″ show_url=”1″ show_logo=”0″ show_opening_hours=”1″]