Video was published on 2020-05-11 01:51:40: For this adventure activity business, embracing digital tools and…
Stay Smart Online Week 2017
It’s Stay Smart Online Week! Learn how to protect yourself and your business when you’re online.
If your small business uses the internet for banking, email or running a website you need make sure that your digital assets and information are kept safe. In 2015 Australians lost up to $229 million to scams, with 44% of these losses due to scams that occurred through email, the internet or social media.
What can you do to keep your business safe?
- Sign up for the Online Alert Service from Stay Smart Online. When a new risk is identified, Stay Smart Online will grade the threat with a priority level based on how relevant it is to you as an Australian internet user.
- Update your software. Regularly updating your software and operating systems on all devices is one of the easiest and most effective ways to avoid ransomware and cyber-attacks.
- Read the Stay Smart Online Small Business Guide to learn more about the small steps you can take to keep your business safe from hackers.
Join the Stay Smart Online community and keep up to date with the latest online security information.
You might even want to become a partner to help Stay Smart Online share and promote online safety. Partners work with Stay Smart Online to promote safety messages, develop safety information and take part in Stay Smart Online Week every year. Benefits to your business include:
- access to updated cyber security information and resources
- brand recognition
- collaboration with industry and government
- mentoring opportunities and more.
- Head to the Stay Smart Online website to learn more about keeping your business safe online.
- Read our tips on keeping your business activity safe and secure.
- Visit the Stay Smart Online Facebook, YouTube or RSS Feed.
Original article appeared first at Business.gov.au >[wpseo_map width=”100%” height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”0″ draggable=”1″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”1″ show_url=”0″] [wpseo_address hide_address=”1″ show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_phone=”1″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”0″ show_email=”1″ show_url=”1″ show_logo=”0″ show_opening_hours=”1″]