Video was published on 2020-05-11 01:51:40: For this adventure activity business, embracing digital tools and…
Safety first in the workplace
A workplace accident can have a dramatic effect on your business, so you need to be proactive in promoting workplace health and safety (WHS)!
Creating a safe work environment is a legal requirement.
Know your WHS obligations
Safe Work Australia oversees the legally binding WHS laws that are in each state or territory. Creating a safe work environment is a legal requirement. It’s important for business owners to take WHS seriously to avoid injury in the workplace.
As a business owner, you must:
- provide safe work premises
- assess risks and implement suitable measures for controlling them
- ensure safe use and handling of goods and substances
- provide and maintain safe machinery and materials
- assess workplace layout and provide safe systems of work
- provide a suitable working environment and facilities
- have workers’ compensation insurance for your employees.
Find lots of useful resources and publications, such as fact sheets, posters, national standards and statistics on the Safe Work Australia website.
- Find out more about workplace health and safety.
- Watch safety seminars online at Safe Work Australia.
Original article appeared first at Business.gov.au >[wpseo_map width=”100%” height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”0″ draggable=”1″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”1″ show_url=”0″] [wpseo_address hide_address=”1″ show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_phone=”1″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”0″ show_email=”1″ show_url=”1″ show_logo=”0″ show_opening_hours=”1″]