Video was published on 2020-05-11 01:51:40: For this adventure activity business, embracing digital tools and…
Preparing quotes for your business
Check out our tips to ensure you’re quoting your customer correctly…
A quote tells your customers how much you’ll charge and what your terms of service are. If a customer accepts your quote, it becomes a legally binding contract.
Benefits of preparing good quotes
Preparing good quotes can have many advantages for your business, such as:
- being more competitive by showing a professional image
- higher profitability by offering your goods at the right price
- lower legal risk.
Tips to prepare good quotes
Developing great quoting skills is important to help you win work and build a customer base.
3 top tips to quoting:
- put your quotes in writing to avoid confusion and misunderstandings
- satisfy customers by better managing expectations
- aim for a profitable return.
To learn more about preparing quotes, read the Business Queensland Preparing a business quote guide.
What to include in a quote
A well written quote shows your professionalism and protects your business from legal and financial risks. Here is what you should include on your quoting document:
- your business details
- total and the breakdown of costs
- variations and revisions
- payment terms and conditions
- preferred payment method
- schedule of work with a quote expiry date
- customer acceptance signature.
Find out more about what to include in a quote, check out the Business Queensland What to include in a quote information.
- Check out our Selling goods and services information to learn more about finding customers and complying with legal obligations.
- Go to the Consumer Affairs Victoria’s Giving quotes – tradespeople and small works guide to find out about offering a quote and being a tradesperson.
- Read the Getting quotes page on the NSW Government Fair Trading website for information about getting quotes from other businesses.
Original article appeared first at Business.gov.au >[wpseo_map width=”100%” height=”300″ zoom=”-1″ map_style=”roadmap” scrollable=”0″ draggable=”1″ show_route=”0″ show_state=”1″ show_url=”0″] [wpseo_address hide_address=”1″ show_state=”1″ show_country=”1″ show_phone=”1″ show_phone_2=”0″ show_fax=”0″ show_email=”1″ show_url=”1″ show_logo=”0″ show_opening_hours=”1″]