Mental Health Week 2017
1 in 5 employees are affected by a mental health condition yet many don’t seek help! Learn to manage mental health for a positive and productive workplace.
Mental Health week 2017 runs from 8-14 October with World Mental Health Day falling on 10 October. It’s an opportunity to gain a better understanding of mental health and check in with your friends, family and co-workers.
How you can get involved
There are a number of ways you can get involved in Mental Health week:
- visit the heads up website to find tips for employers, managers and small businesses on creating a mentally healthy workplace
- have your business make a promise towards recognising and encouraging better mental health in the workplace
- have your business host an event for mental health, such as a morning tea! Or attend an event in your area to show your support.
You can also order free campaign materials to promote World Mental Health Day in your workplace!
- Head to the Beyond Blue website for more information on all things mental health or find them on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Read tips on managing mental health in the workplace.
- Find out more about Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) and the benefits for your business.
Original article appeared first at Business.gov.au >