How does your business manage waste?
7 practical tips for managing your business’s waste..
Managing your business’s waste is important not only for your business’s reputation but for the safety of your employees.
We’ve recently updated our information on waste management. Check out the links below to read up on our new waste management information.
7 practical tips to manage your business’s waste more effectively!
Here are some easy waste management tips for your business:
- Know what kind of waste you produce. Look in your bin! Make sure you’re disposing of your waste correctly.
- Introduce a waste reduction program in your workplace.
- Weigh up the costs! Does the cost of disposing of materials outweigh the cost of buying them?
- Introduce separate bins for waste going to landfill, recycling and green waste.
- Go green! Invest in environmentally friendly products that are easier on the environment when it’s time to dispose of them.
- Know the risks. Are you producing hazardous waste? If so, make sure you’re disposing of this safely so you can protect the environment, your employees and customers.
- Different states and territories classify and manage waste differently, make sure you are following the appropriate guidelines.
Original article appeared first at Business.gov.au >